Purpose of the position:
We are looking for a vocally gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically grounded Christian to lead worship at our church in collaboration with our Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate should have experience leading multigenerational and multicultural worship in church settings and have experience shepherding worship teams. Part-time averages 15-20 hours a week.
• A lifestyle that matches the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2: 22-25, Titus 1:5-9).
• Ability to play an instrument is desired. Piano, Guitar, or Organ is preferred.
• Ability of reading music.
• Ability to play by ear desired, but not required.
• Vocally gifted required.
- Able to perform solos for a variety of situations (i.e. weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Able to show a confident yet relaxed stage presence.
- Able to engage the church body and lead them in authentic worship.
- Able to be flexible and comfortable with changes during a service (i.e. replaying a song at the end, eliminating a song, etc.).
• Extensive knowledge of contemporary Christian, hymns, and gospel worship music.
• Experience leading worship in a church setting is preferred.
• Experience leading and managing teams is preferred.
• Technologically competent in audio, visual, and computer (Easy Worship, Planning Center, use of in-ear monitors).
• College degree is preferred, but not required. Formal training in music (specifically worship music) is preferred.
General Expectations and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
• Lead the musical portion of our multigenerational and multicultural worship services.
• Be available to assist or consult with music for special programs or with particular ministries of the church
• Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers into the church’s worship ministry.
• Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship and technology teams.
• Put together the Praise Team rosters and schedule the practices
• Be able to work within the annual worship budget.
• Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
• Oversight of Grace Church musical equipment, including upkeep, tuning, maintenance, and cleaning as required.
• Seek to blend worship styles that embrace multi-generational and multi-cultural composition of Grace Church;
which will encompass, but will not be limited to
contemporary, hymns, African-American gospels, and songs sung in Spanish.
If yes please be sure to give experience
If yes please elaborate below. Please know that a yes answer does not disqualify you for this position.
Please list your work experience starting with the most recent job you held.
Set yourself apart form the rest
Please Read Carefully
I hereby authorize the potential employer to contact, obtain, and verify the accuracy of information contained in this application from all previous employers, educational institutions, and references. I also hereby release from liability the potential employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering, and suing such information to make employment decisions and all other persons or organizations for providing such information.
I understand that any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate termination of employment if I am employed, whenever it may be discovered.
If I am employed, I acknowledge that there is no specified length of employment and that this application does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment. Accordingly, either I or the employer can terminate the relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
Thank you for your interest in our worship director position! Blessings on you as you seek employment with us or anywhere else you may be applying.